The Redundancies

So speaking of "I Love Mondays!", this is the text of the first time I read there, in January 2006. Attendance was mandatory. I read a poem for each person in the audience (in my twelve-minute slot). If I knew someone was going to be there, I wrote a poem specifically for them; there were several unassigned poems that turned out to have been written specifically for unexpected audience members.

I don't have much to say about the process of writing these poems. The formal idea I'm exploring should be fairly obvious. I wrote many of them in the shower, where I was unable to write anything down, in order to make them as memorable (or memorizable) as possible.

You can download a pdf of The Redundancies. Thanks to Gabriel Liston for the cover artwork. You might also want to check out the other pdfs I've posted.

1 comments:

  1. Eccentric Scholar said...

    Your poem "We've never met before today" should be the tag line for the film _Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind_.  


 

Template based on one by GeckoandFly which was modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.