Um...

So, yes, this week grad school has begun with a battery of language competency tests (which so far seem to have gone fine), but. This blog's ridiculously frequent update schedule will probably take a severe hit over the next few weeks, and then come back to a far slower trickle. Your author would apologize, but we are all probably better off for it. Have I, in some way or another, made my point, and will I not just keep repeating my point? I don't know. If you think I haven't, let me know. If you see something and feel that you know "what would Chris think?", then surely I have. And there are so many other blogs to read, and so many other voices to consider.

Anyway this is just to explain why things will surely be slowing down for a bit. But not to a complete halt, not yet.

6 comments:

  1. Eccentric Scholar said...

    let all poems speak and address themselves
    —E. Ethelbert Miller, "Incantation {for jonetta)," The Oxford Anthology of African-American Poetry  

  2. Chris said...

    No. Why should they get all the fun?  

  3. Eccentric Scholar said...

    I like the simplicity, confidence, and firmness of your answer: "No." I didn't think the poet meant "let all poems speak and address themselves EXCLUSIVELY." Of course, what I was imagining was something out of James Nelson Hulme's ALLITERATION book that I shared with you.  

  4. Eccentric Scholar said...

    But back to the original point of my comment -- if you were going to quit your blog, the poems would, by definition, have to speak for themselves.  

  5. Chris said...

    I have heard rumors of other poetry bloggers, though...  

  6. Eccentric Scholar said...

    Other poetry bloggers? Hearsay and hogwash!  


 

Template based on one by GeckoandFly which was modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.